President’s Column: Did You Know – September, 2018
Hello to All Red River PCA Members. This is the September edition of “Did You Know” Wow, summer is going too fast!
- September’s meeting will be at The Gates restaurant on Sept 5th. Come for the meeting at 7 pm or earlier (6 pm) to have supper.
- Welcome new members:
Keith Desautels, 1997 Boxter
Sebastian Selver, 2002 Carrera
- Upcoming Driving Event’s:
Bemidji – September 15th. Is now back on!
Arrive in Bemidji, Friday night plans, food and drink at 6:00 PM (Breakfast and Friday night included in Room price, except cocktails) Saturday, leave about 9:00 am
Head for Duluth, lunch at Radisson Roof top revolving restaurant Leave Duluth for the North Shore Drive. Possible stops are Gooseberry Falls and Light House
Head north to Highway #1 & Superior National Forest. Arrive in Ely, check in, dinner some browsing Sunday, will be on your own, possible breakfast together and leave for home.
Rates at DoubleTree will be $170 -$180 depending on lakefront or other room Rates at Adventure inn are below. I believe $115 may include tax.
Not sure if you can still sign up, contact Rich Siegert @ email@example.com
- September 12th Coffee and Cars Meeting point: A&W, Deacons Corner Services Hwy 1@ 6:30pm. Destination: Beausejour Dairy Bar, 813 Park Ave, Beausejour. Drive time: 40 mins via Hwys 207, 213, 12, and 215
- Porsche’s at the Pony, We had over 50 Porsches on display. I believe the largest turn-out ever! Well done club members! See http://www.redriverpca.org/at-pony-in-august/ for pictures and more info.
- The Garage Tour was a great success with 18 cars. We started at Jim’s garage for coffee and doughnuts, next to Mik’s garage at Vehicle Protection Services and lastly to Tim’s garage (Woodcock Cycle) where Tim and his wife provided an unexpected and great lunch (Thanks Tim and Arlene). See http://www.redriverpca.org/garage-tour-great-success/ for more info and pictures
- October Meeting: Tony Roma’s, 656 St James St, Winnipeg