Report by George Derwin and photos by Dennis, Bev Duncan and George Derwin
The Red River Region Concours is the best Porsche car show in Manitoba.
For those who do not know, a “Concours” event involves the gussying up your car and displaying in it as close to show-room condition as possible. Judging is based on the perfection of the car, and anything amiss will result in a deduction of points. Trophies are awarded to the highest scores.
Our president, David Breed, hosted our Red River Region Concours event at Breezy Bend Golf Course. Our judges consisted of two representatives from the Porsche Centre and our Zone 10 representative, Julie Bailey, who came all the way from Kansas. Were appreciative of these persons committing their time to our event.
Our club was provided a private paved parking lot, where the competitors lined up their cars. The weather was cooperative, with a warm sun and a pleasant cool breezy. The golf club provided a bar, where cool beverages could be purchased at a reasonable price. It was a great social event, consisting of chats with our members, coupled with viewing of some of the most elegant road machines produced by Porsche.
Our Concurs contestants were:
- Breed, Karen 2008 Boxster S
- Duncan, Dennis 2003 911 Carrera
- Fernando, Lisa 2016 Cayenne Turbo
- Fernando, Paz 2017 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
- Froebe, Bruce 1984 911 Carrara
- Hackbart, Dave 2004 Boxster S
- Hill, Steven 2007 Cayman S
- Hogue, Linda 2015 Boxster
- Hood, Patrick 2017 911 4S
- Kurtz, Will 2004 Boxster
- Luff, Brad 1986 944 Turbo
- Milne, Dale 2002 911 Targa
- Pacholok, Ed 1978 911SC
- Peters, Pete 2006 Boxster
- Powell, Dan 2017 Macan GTS
- Ross, Jim 1999 Boxster
- Rothova, Anna 2011 911
- Siegert, Rich 2008 911 Carrara S
- Smith, Jim 1984 944
- Tait, Bruce 1972 911R Targa
- Tavares, Dino 2003 911 Turbo
- Thorsteinson, Tom 1997 911C2S
- Trafiak, Randy 1971 911E
- Woodcock, Tim 1961 356TSB
- Derwin, George 2002 911 Cabriolet
Following the outdoor part, we retired to the golf club dining room for a fabulous dinner. Our sponsor, the Porsche Centre, generously donated draw prizes, posters and other giveaways. David Breed spent a considerable amount of time just drawing tickets to give away the copious amount of Porsche swag.
The Concours awards were presented by our Zone 10 representative, Julie Bailey, from Kansas and David Breed.
The Concours competition had 4 categories plus a people’s choice award.
In the air-cooled class, Bruce Phoebe won with his 1984 Carrera.
In the mid-engine class, Pete Peters won with his fire-engine red 2006 Boxster. In the water cooled class, Patrick Hood took the prize with his 2017 black 911 4S.
In the front engine class, Dan Powell took first place with his 2017 white Macan GTS.
The people’s choice award had considerable competition, but the winner was Randy Trafiak with his 1971 pastel blue 911E.